About the Position: This is a PERMANENT position located at U.S. Army Recruiting Command, Medical Recruiting Brigade, Fort Knox, KY.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a Victim Advocate (SHARP) providing professional and comprehensive advocacy services to victims/survivors of sexual assault and sexual harassment.
- Accompany victims and provide support in securing medical treatment, safe shelter, protective orders, court hearings, educational, transportation, financial services, and follow-up assistance.
- Accompany victims when securing support services (i.e. medical treatment, safe shelter, protective orders, education/financial services, transportation and follow-up assistance).
- Conduct assessments with clients to evaluate needs and risks; recognizing the need for professional intervention and referring to appropriate services.
- Conducts interactive training workshops/seminars to victims, community agencies and the organization.
- Ensure victims of sexual assault receive all needed guidance and emotional support during administrative, medical, investigative, and legal procedures,
- Ensure that victims understand the processes involved and that data will be collected, reported, and maintained on cases.