Job opening - Lotus
Lotus is hiring a SVRC Therapist. Visit hopehealgrow.org to learn more about Lotus, or click here to apply for the job.
- SVRC Therapist serves to facilitate healing and recovery from interpersonal violence for adolescent and adult victims-survivors of sexual violence as well as their supportive family members through the provision of specialized, trauma-informed, and culturally competent mental health services.
- Provide specialized mental health services and support to adolescent and adult victims-survivors in person and via telehealth.
- Create mental health focused resources for victims-survivors to promote resilience and strengthen protective factors.
- Collaborate with SVRC Program staff to provide comprehensive case management.
- Ensure documentation of telehealth informed consent, client/caregiver services, phone/telehealth contacts, resources provided, and needs assessed.
- Track client services and progress in tracking programs in order to provide information regarding efficacy to Lotus’ funding sources.
- Engage in feasible professional development opportunities to ensure the highest quality of care to clients is being provided.
- Execute communications initiative and tasks as directed.
- Provision of 24 hour crisis response and medical advocacy as needed.
- The position of the full-time SVRC Therapist allows for independent decision-making regarding the course and implementation of clinical treatment of assigned clients.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibility. However, this position requires the Therapist to be accountable for the quality of their own work. This position also requires the Therapist to hold others accountable to providing the highest quality of care to clients and to address any issues regarding failure to do so with supervisor.
PRIOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENT
- Master’s Degree (social work, counselors, or < than one year experience
- Therapist position require licensure in the state of Kentucky to practice in a mental health discipline. This position also requires knowledge in the administration, scoring, and interpretation of clinical assessment measures.
PRIOR QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Therapist should possess the knowledge and experience to provide assessment-based and empirically-supported specialized outpatient treatment to adolescent and adult victims-survivors of sexual violence and their family members.
- 40-Hour Advocacy Training within 30 days of hire
- 40 Hours of Evidence Based Treatment Training
- HIPAA Training within 30 days of hire
- 8 hours training per fiscal year
- 12 hours training per VOCA grant year
- One training annually on diversity
- Complete required Clinical Reading List
- Continuing education as required for State Board Licensure: 30 hours of continuing education every 3 years, including 3 hours of ethics and 6 hours of suicide assessment every 6 years, 3 hour course in domestic violence and elder abuse, and 1.5 hours of training on pediatric abusive head trauma.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS
- SVRC Therapist positions require licensure in the state of Kentucky to practice in a mental health discipline. This position also requires knowledge in the administration, scoring, and interpretation of clinical assessment measures. A good understanding of trauma-informed treatment, neurological effects of trauma and integrated treatment for sexual violence is recommended. There needs to be evidence of good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all types of people. This position also requires an ability to work with people in crisis situations and ability to work effectively under stress. No prior history of criminal behaviors is a requirement.
- Paducah office and community settings as needed.
- Monday-Thursday (8:30am-5:00pm)
- Friday (9:00am-3:00pm)
- Travel to training and outreach events.
« Return to News