Under general supervision of the Clinical Director, the Therapist will provide professional therapy for survivors of sexual violence.
Essential Functions/ Duties
· Provide individual therapy and co-facilitates psycho-educational groups as needed.
· Counsels individuals or groups regarding sexual abuse, violence or assault and challenges such as stress, and trauma. Utilize evaluative techniques to assist and develop a therapeutic treatment plan for each client individually.
· Interviews clients to obtain information concerning previous history or other pertinent information.
· Observes client to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behavior.
· Consistently reviews progress of treatment goals to continue to evaluate client needs.
· Plans and administers therapeutic treatment, such as behavior modification and stress management therapy, using biofeedback equipment, to assist patient in controlling disorders and other problems.
· Change method and degree of therapy when indicated by client.
· Discuss progress toward goals with client regularly.
· Consults with Director of Clinical Services or other specialists concerning treatment plan of clients.
· Refers clients to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
· Refer clients to other resources when not appropriate for Ampersand services.
· Consult with other therapists working with victims of sexual violence.
· Network with area professionals to provide a coordinated service delivery system for victims of sexual violence.
· Provide consultation to professionals about working with and treating victims of sexual violence.
· Staff crisis line and provide office coverage when needed.
· Train volunteers to provide crisis intervention counseling and advocacy services to victims of sexual violence.
· Provide crisis intervention counseling and advocacy services to victims of sexual violence.
· Maintain license or certification and comply with their certification and licensure requirements.
· Carry manageable client caseload; conduct assessments, treatment planning, case coordination, and group and/or individual therapy.
· Respect and maintain a high standard of confidentiality for all clients and cases.
· Provide case coordination, referrals and advocacy.
· Provide court testimony when necessary, including expert witness testimony.
· Maintain professional documentation and record keeping for client files.
· Engage in ongoing evaluation of services and treatment modalities.