Intention-Based Graphic Design
The stories we tell through graphic design show our community who we are and what we value most. Our designs are often a first impression and set the tone for the relationships we’ll cultivate and the audiences we reach.
Being able to tell a story through our designs that captures our mission and values with intention is essential! Throughout this two-part series, we‘ll walk you through best practices, tools, and resources to help you do just that. You’ll even have an opportunity to put these new skills into practice and receive feedback or assistance with current projects you're creating.
Join the Kentucky Association of Sexual Assault Programs (KASAP) & the Kentucky Nonprofit Network at this important graphic design workshop.
Join us on June 1st
During this session, we will walk you through best practices for creating designs that are accessible. The colors, fonts, and layouts you use can all have an important impact on whether or not your design is truly able to get your message to your audience.
You will also have an opportunity to create your own design, with an opportunity to receive feedback during this session.
Part II: Trauma-Informed and Inclusive Design, 1 pm - 3 pm Eastern (12 pm - 2 pm Central)
Part two of this series will dive into your organization’s values and how those values can be incorporated into designs to create pieces that will resonate with your target audience. You will also receive resources to help you find elements to use in future designs.
There will also be an opportunity for you to share your organization’s values simply through the use of visuals.
- Free of charge to anyone working at a KY-based nonprofit
- Hosted by KASAP, led by the Action Alliance (Virginia’s leading voice on sexual and intimate partner violence)
- Information will be relevant no matter what your organization's mission is
- Workshop conducted virtually
- Hands-on approach and valuable resources shared
- Great for anyone who creates documents, reports, newsletters, and/or social media content