There are many opportunities for involvement at the local level. Please consider contacting your local rape crisis center
to learn about volunteer opportunities.
At the state level, KASAP provides various opportunities for all Kentuckians to join the work to end sexual violence:
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month – KASAP hosts an annual kickoff event at the state capitol rotunda featuring the awareness month proclamation by the Governor and recognition of the year’s SAAMy award winners for excellence in service provision.
- The Annual Ending Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Conference is hosted in late November / early December each year. This event, co-hosted by KASAP and KCADV, provides training opportunities for advocates, community partners, interested citizens and survivors.
- KASAP, partnered with the Dept. of Criminal Justice Training, hosts multiple SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner)/SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) training events each year.
- KASAP provides a regular newsletter, “Believe Me” via email, sharing information about awareness / prevention events and other opportunities for you to stay involved.
- Internship/Practicum: For potential intern / practicum student opportunities, please contact email@example.com