After a 30+ year career in the anti-sexual violence movement, Eileen Recktenwald will be retiring at the end of 2021. We are collecting stories from those who have known and worked with Eileen throughout her career and we'd love for you to be involved.
Pssst - this is a secret for Eileen so please do not mention it to her.
There are two ways to contribute to this tribute.
Submit a video
If you're interested in participating in the video project, please follow these guidelines. Submissions accepted until Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
- In your video please answer one (or more) of the following prompts:
- Share a brief memory of Eileen.
- How has Eileen inspired you in the work to support survivors and end sexual violence?
- What impact has Eileen had in your life?
- Reflect on what you see as Eileen's legacy for the anti-sexual violence movement in Kentucky.
Additionally, please record yourself sharing one word you think describes Eileen (ex: passionate, caring, role-model).
Tips for filming the video clip:
- Use landscape orientation (standard smart phone on its side with screen rotation lock off will be fine)
- Set phone/camera on a surface rather than being held by a person to avoid shakiness
- A wall as the background is best and light sources (lamps, windows, etc.) should be in front of you, not behind you.
- Pick a quiet area with minimal background noises since those can't be edited out.
- Find a small, carpeted space if possible.
- You can film your answers in one continuous take. Videos will be edited to fit together.
Submit a note/letter
LINK TO UPLOAD WRITTEN NOTES
Please submit by November 15th.
Thank you for your willingness to participate in this project to recognize the important contributions Eileen has made to our work.