The Kentucky Association of Sexual Assault Programs, Inc. (KASAP) is the statewide coalition of the 13 rape crisis centers in the Commonwealth. The mission of KASAP is to speak with a unified voice against sexual victimization.
Your computer use can be monitored. If at anytime you need to leave this website, click the "X" in the top right corner. Please be advised that your browsing history can still be seen by others unless you take steps to delete your history. Click Here for info on keeping yourself safe.
Get InfoResource Library Legal Information Legislative Information Disability Information Medical Information Children & Teens Immigrants & Refugees Victim Rights & Resources Victim Bill of Rights Rights of Children to Special Accommodations Polygraph Information Other Fundamental Rights Notification & Registry Systems Sexual Assault Examination Program Crime Victims Compensation Fund Other Rights PREA Preventing Violence Together There is HOPE -- a public service announcement
Crime Victims Compensation FundThe Crime Victims Compensation Fund is an additional fund established to minimize the financial impact of criminal acts on "innocent victims." For information see KRS 346. Victims may apply for direct reimbursement of expenses related to the violence, including “additional services” discussed previously. Before compensation is awarded, the CVCB must:
- Conduct an independent investigation, with which the victim must cooperate;
- Determine that one was an "innocent victim of a criminal act," or survivor of victim who was killed;
- Determine that the crime resulted in personal physical or psychological injury to the victim;
- Determine the crime was reported to a law enforcement agency within 48 hours or that a delayed report was justified; and
- Determine that the victim cooperated with law enforcement agencies.
- An emergency award not to exceed $500;
- Medical expenses or other services, including mental health counseling necessary as a result of the injury upon which the claim is based;
- Loss of earning or support;
- Replacement of glasses or corrective lenses;
- The total amount per award is limited to $25,000.
This project was supported by Grant Number VAWA ARRA-2009-KASAP-00034 awarded through the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The Opinions, findings, conclusions and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women or the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet.
- SERVICES PROVIDED ARE FUNDED EITHER IN PART OR COMPLETELY BY STATE AND FEDERAL FUNDS -